Game Designer? Programmer? AddOn Developer? Or just serious about your game project? No matter what – our “Complete Guides” will help you make better games using Unity, uMMORPG3d and our AddOns.
This AddOn is also very easy to install and use, but requires the latest version of the NuCore. First install the NuCore and then simply import the unity package into your project to have access to all SimpleUsageLimits.
This AddOn does not have a effect on first sight, but modifies the way Items and Skills can be used, equipped and/or activated throughout the game. The AddOn is both: very simple and very powerful.
Skill Limitations using various of my other AddOns as well)
Item Limitations (using various of my other AddOns as well)
This AddOn allows you to add several usage restrictions and limitations to both Items and Skills. Their settings are 75% the same with only a few differences. Lets go through all the individual settings one by one.
- Pro-Tip: As uMMORPG is completely skill-based, attacking with a weapon is always bound to a skill as well. It makes therefore no sense to add the restriction for attacking to the weapon, you rather add the restriction to the corresponding attack skill instead.
- Required Class (Item only) – Restricts usage and/or equipment of this item to the class you set here (assign a player prefab).
- Required Skill (Item only) – Restricts usage and/or equipment of this item. Requires the assigned skill to be learned by the user.
- Requires Skill Level (Item only) – Restricts usage and/or equipment of this item. Requires the assigned skill to be at least of the skill level you state here.
- Skill Active (Item only) – Restricts usage and/or equipment of this item. Requires the Skill to be active in the moment the user wants to use, equip or un-equip the item.
- Required Realm (Item only) – Requires my SimplePVPZones AddOn. Restricts usage and/or equipment of this item. Requires the user to be of the Realm or its alliedRealm.
- Required Equipment (Skill only) – Restricts activation of the skill. Requires the user to have the assigned item equipped on any slot of the character. This allows you to create weapon based skills.
- Equipment Category (Skill only) – Totally optional and usually not required. Restricts activation of the skill. Requires the user to have the item stated above equipped at the slot (stated by category) that you enter here (this only makes sense if you altered the default slots, have multi purpose slots or items that can go into more than one slot).
- Required Inventory Item (Skill only) – The item stated here must be in the users inventory in order to activate the skill. The item is not depleted during the process.
- Depletable Inventory Item (Skill only) – The item stated here must be in the users inventory and will be depleted when activating the skill. This is in addition to the option above.
- Deplete Amount (Skill only) – The number you state here is the amount of inventory items that will be removed when combined with the above option. This allows you to create Ammunition based weapons.
Item & Skill Settings
- Min Health (both) – The minimum amount of health (in %) required to use/equip/activate.
- Health less than (both) – When checked, the option above is inverted (Health must be lower than X in %). Allows you to create rage skills for a barbarian for example.
- Min Mana (both) – The minimum amount of mana (in %) required to use/equip/activate.
- Mana less than (both) -When checked, the option above is inverted (Mana must be lower than X in %).
- Usage Area (both) – the ID number of a area where this item/skill can be used. Explained in detail in the paragraph below.
- Min Strength etc. (both) – The minimum attribute value the user must have in order to use/equip/activate this item/skill. The length of the list depends if you have my SimpleAttributes and SimpleStamina AddOns installed.
- Positive Stamina (both) – Requires my SimpleStamina AddOn. When checked, the item/skill can only be used/equipped/activated while Stamina of the player is higher than 0. This allows you to create a item/skill that can only be used while the player is not exhausted.
This special option allows you to restrict the usage, equip or activation of any item or skill to a certain area within your scene. If you want to limit your item/skill usage to a specific area. You have to drag and drop the “SimpleUsageArea” into your scene. Adjust its size and set an ID number. This number has to be the same as the item/skill – if you want that item/skill to be usable within that area only. You can have multiple areas with the same ID and of course you can have multiple Items/Skills share the same ID if you want. Set to 0 to disable.
- Pro-Tip: Need ideas? A skill that can only be activated near water or a food item that can only be used while inside a tavern. Something more fancy? Combine this script with my FreeInstantObject and you should be able to create a item that will let the player place a Tent inside a special area (for example near a fireplace).
This AddOn seems quite boring at first, but is in fact one of the most powerful AddOns in my ever growing library. With this AddOn alone, you can give your project a headstart in terms of features and complexity. Just put the various stats and options to creative use. Here is just one example out of a thousand possibilities (please note that this example requires my SimpleSkillStats and SimpleStamina AddOns):
- Running Skill – Set the Skill to a Buff that increases the players Speed while active. Now check the “Positive Stamina” option. Set all other costs as you like. Essentially you now have a buff that makes the player run faster for a while. Running depletes Stamina – and this Skill requires Stamina to be positive in order to activate. This essentially allows you to create a “Run” skill like in Diablo.